I'm running Debian stable.  Everything is working fine but there's
little free disk space remaining.  How can I migrate everything to a
larger disk?  Ideally, this would include all programs, configuration
files, user's data, crontab's, etc.  I want to avoid
reinstalling/configuring all the running services.

Would something like

    #dd  if=/dev/hda  of=/dev/hdb

work?  How would, could (should?) I use dd?   I assume I would first
need to format the replacement drive with appropriate partitions (ext3
and swap).  After the files are copied, I suppose I could rejumper the
target drive to make it /hda or just edit it's /etc/fstab.

What other tools might fit the task?

-Craig