-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Mike Miller
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:57 AM
To: TCLUG List
Subject: [tclug-list] dinner with Stallman

> I asked him how he makes a living and he told me that all of his income
> comes from speaking engagements -- all of it.  I guess the FSF, book sales

> and software sales don't add up to much at all.

I am not drawing any conclusions merely considering how this particular
point *may* correlate to his intentional sparking of
arguments/debates/whatevers to not only raise awareness of his efforts of
the FSF but perhaps just increase his speaking engagement attendance and
therefore his income. Perhaps I am completely wrong but really only he
himself can really know the truth to this speculation.

In any case it's good to see that you are trying to be objective of your
encounter with him and I enjoyed your summary.

With regards to the Coke murders, it seems (maybe I am overly cynical) most
major international corporations/companies are doing evil deeds in one way
or another in the foreign countries they operate in: murder, child labor,
slave labor, pathetic wages for workers, etc. We have the diamond companies,
the oil companies, the shoe companies, the soft drink companies, the
clothing companies, the candy companies (see Nestle Boycott), etc. Not to
mention the "white collar" crimes many are committing.

Well sorry for the massive digression into OT land....

To quote an OpenBSD motto it is time for me to "shut up and hack!"