On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Chuck Cole wrote:

>> So, how do I convince someone that they must care about their freedoms?
>
> Flog their ears unmercifully?  :-)  Or just set a good example and
> share.

Stallman said several times last night that setting a good example is the
important thing.  He does get paid to speak and I ask him to tell me
things, so I don't find his writing and speaking to be unmerciful flogging
of my ears -- it's something I want and am willing to pay him for.  In
effect, by buying him his dinner, we were paying him to talk to us about
free software.

Mike