Mike Miller wrote:
- - - snip - - -

Telecommunications covers a whole range of software, and I tend to think
of any software as participating at some level of telecommunications.
It's an assumption I might have expressed at the beginning of my response.

I thought your question about the relevance of my reference to social
entrepreneurship was a good point.

Suppose we lived in a world where social entrepreneurship was the norm.
All businesses had a non-profit division.  What then would we see with
companies like Microsoft?  Would their products look any different?
Would we see more interoperability?  Could Microsoft make a contribution
to society through their non-profit work?  And, would they still insist
on a closed, proprietary approach to their business model?  My guess is
no.  What's yours?
Tom