Mike Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Tom Poe wrote:
>
>> Mike Miller wrote:
>> - - - snip - - -
>
> Mike Miller wrote "snip"?
>

>> Telecommunications covers a whole range of software, and I tend to
>> think of any software as participating at some level of
>> telecommunications. It's an assumption I might have expressed at the
>> beginning of my response.
>
> But you are wrong.  Software can do anything and telecommunications is
> just one small area for software application.
>

>> I thought your question about the relevance of my reference to social
>> entrepreneurship was a good point.
>>
>> Suppose we lived in a world where social entrepreneurship was the norm.
>
> What is "social entrepeneurship?"
>
> Mike

Wikipedia covers it nicely.  Type in the keywords, social
entrepreneurship wikipedia, into your favorite search engine.  Well
worth a couple minutes to check it out.

Well, I'll object to your "wrong" label.  I can't think of one
application meant to do something other than communicate.  We could
possibly discuss how far the transmission has to go to be
telecommunicated.  Are you thinking about a particular application that
doesn't participate in communication, or telecommunication?
Tom