I wanted to get his take on 3D printing.  When the cost of reproducing
physical goods approaches zero, it will then take on some of the same
economics as software, and the same battles will be fought again.

Imagine if you purchase & download a set of chess pieces to print locally, but
you can only print one, and can't modify them.  The GPL suddenly has
applications in the physical world.

But it's far more than chess pieces at stake.  Anything you can buy at
walmart, that's made of plastic, could be made at home eventually.

If you have $15 to $50k, you can do it today.

Jeremy