> Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 01:30:53 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu>

> The Wikipedia article shows that objects can be 3D scanned and 3D
> printed  from the scans, so you can be sure that manufacturers of all
> sorts of  products will want laws to control that kind of copying of
> their works.
>
> Mike

One maker of such machines tried to include in the "license" a stipulation
that you wouldn't build any copies of the machine itself, IIRC.

Similarly, I think there was a maker of jigs (shop tools) that made a jig
for making jigs... (wait for it)... who said (or tried to say) that you
couldn't use it to make jigs for making jigs.

Chris