On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 09:57 -0500, Brady Hegberg wrote:
> I'm setting up a Subversion server on Suse and connecting to it from
> Windows clients using svn+ssh

I'd highly recommend using the Apache HTTP Server. It might be more work
than svnserve to set up, but much more flexible, and, IMHO, the most
convenient option for users. You also get a free Web-browser based
interface to your repository.

> there seem to be about 5000 different  ways of setting it up and none
> of them are working very well so far.

Start here:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.serverconfig.choosing.html

This free, online book is an excellent resource for learning all things
Subversion.

> Can anyone steer me in the right direction?  Should I be using SVNKit
> or configuring ssh-agent? I've found lots of good documentation but
> every set of instructions contradicts every other.

For Windows clients, TortoiseSVN is excellent. If Eclipse is being used,
there's a Subclipse plugin that works quite well.

If you need other team collaboration tools, check out Trac. It's
supposed to integrate nicely with Subversion.

After you've solved all these issues, I'd be curious to hear which
documentation ends up being the most helpful.

I'd like to give a Subversion talk at a TCLUG or Penguins Unbound
meeting, let me know if you'd be interested and what you'd like to hear.

--
Adam Monsen