On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Chuck Cole wrote:

> I need, and I use the free 3G modem "loophole" for internet access often
> enough to care.
>
> Does the Palm Pre still allow the free 3G modem loophole on the Sprint
> network?
>
> Do iPhones and Blackberries provide free 3G modem service for laptops?

Good questions!  I never tried the 3G loophole and I don't know if the Pre
can do it.  Is there a web page on how to make it work?  (Perhaps with a
different device.)  If so, I can try it.

By the way, I find it interesting that some people seem to see this
discussion as a kind of contest.  It may be a contest for Apple and Palm,
or for Sprint and AT&T, because every customer goes to only one of the two
(a zero sum game), but for me to own a certain phone is not part of a
contest against other phone owners.  If someone has a phone with much
better features than my phone has, that is good to know about, but I have
not in any sense been "defeated"!  ;-)  Whenever I want a different phone,
I'll go buy one.  I want to know about other phones because I might want
to buy another phone (and I definitely will need another phone *someday*),
not because I want to establish my dominance in the world of phone
ownership!  ;-)

Mike