John Gateley wrote:
> Hi Y'all,
>
> I've been running a home server (DNS, e-mail, web server, database)
> for several years. I think it is time to move offsite. Anyone tried
> EC2 for this? It looks like EC2 is a thin layer on top of VMware so
> I could run what I needed.

Hi Y'all,

For those who are curious: I chose linode.com. It seemed to have
the best tradeoff between price, features, and reputation. Slicehost
was more expensive for the same features, and I found several
places cheaper, but they had bad reviews somewhere.

I've been using linode for a week now, connectivity is great,
easy to use, and I'm happy.