I've used that method, and prefer a wired connection.

> Bluetooth is not very good for anything better than voice.

Not the whole story!  There are a few different classes of service and connection for bluetooth.  The specs cover top-end CD audio
quality.  The stereo headphones I have are GREAT, and will also serve low-end cell phone uses.  These are not tiny earbud or mono
cell phone gear.

There is a reduced class of service for cell phones (etc) that is limited.  My Dell setup menus identify several connection type
options and differing equipment types.  I chose to buy high-end, full range bluetooth adapters for my laptops.  I think there were
older or limited hardware options also available.

Chuck