I'm trying to set up some e-mail using the -bm and -t switches to
Exim.  I think they'll do what I want to do.

Can anyone provide some pointers? I think I'm missing something
obvious - specifically, exactly how a "locally-generated, non-SMTP
message on the current input" is generate?

I need to send a largish quantity of customized e-mails - I have a
mailing database with information that is anywhere between six months
and three years old.  It has e-mail addresses & mailing addresses.  I
can make it generate either single files or one big file to feed into
exim (although I'd actually prefer one big one) - but I can't figure
out how to get exim to _take_ the data!

I've tried the following:

cat filename | exim -bm -t
exim -bm -t < filename

These both generate an e-mail, but it's not picking up my From or To
lines.

exim -bm -t filename

This requires a Control-D and then generates an empty e-mail.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org