On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Ian Young wrote:

> I'm a Gnome user but have gotten pulled into it because I used and loved
> Amarok 1.4, and am being railroaded into upgrading to Amarok 2 (by
> Gentoo, of all distributions). There's some Reddit griping at
> <http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/84zux/who_else_feels_amarok2_is_a_huge_dissapointment/>.
> While it's from months ago, most of the complaints still feel completely
> relevant.

I started a new thread.  I've used Amarok just a little, but I'm thinking
of spending some time on learning it better.  Before I do that, I'd like
to hear what other people are thinking of it and what other solutions
there are for managing large numbers of audio files.

I'm especially interested in a client/server kind of system where the
media files and Db can be stored on one machine but other machines can
access Amarok on the remote machine and stream the audio.

Mike