On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 05:36:31PM -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> > Python was all the rage for awhile, and has some really nice
> > characteristics.  After writing an app in perl I really didn't feel like
> > changing course and re-writing the whole thing in python because someone
> > told me it was better.  Again, YMMV.  I really don't know why/if python
> > is awesome.
>
> In other words, you like what you know and you don't know if you like what
> you don't know?
>
> Has the rage about Python ended?  I don't know, and I really have "no dog
> in this fight," as they say, but I want to know if there has been a change
> in direction of popularity.

I like Perl more - it feels more 'natural' to me, as coming from a C
and shell scripting environment.  I wrote a few large (5-10kLoc)
applications in Perl and I found that they are easy to write but hard
to maintain.  These days I'm using Python for all my scripting needs,
and I found no _need_ to go back to Perl.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163