On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Mike Miller wrote:

> I was wondering.  I didn't see anything about it in the BIOS, but yes there
> is a VGA output.  That makes me think there's a jumper somewhere.

Jumper? This is 2011! Your BIOS should have a thing saying which display
to initialise first, the internal or a PCI-E or something. That might
help... sadly there's usually no way to DISABLE the internal display
alltogether.

When you're in text mode, it usually goes to all connected monitors. But
when you switch to graphics you have to tell X which card to use.

Honestly unless you're doing high-powered 3D graphics you might be fine
just removing your video card and using the internal one. If not though
you might want to connect your monitor to that one temporarily and use
Gnome's display manager thing to tell it to use the other card.

(also, perfect time to get a second monitor!)

-Yaron