I know that the Installfests are scheduled around the Ubuntu release dates, but I think we each should bring in CDs and DVDs for our favorite distro(s).  This way, the selection of CDs/DVDs available for newcomers would be a reflection of our preferences and the diversity of Linux distros available.

For the next Installfest, I'll bring in a few Linux Mint Debian Edition DVDs, a few Swift Linux CDs (to showcase the lighter LMDE-based Swift Linux that will be available by then), and a few Puppy Linux CDs.  Other people could bring in Fedora, openSUSE, Arch, Sabayon, etc.

Linux newcomers could try out various live CDs and see what these various distros are like.  The opportunity would also be valuable for people looking for an alternative to Ubuntu.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>