Quoting David Alanis <canito at dalan.us>:

> I was reading this article about Fedora moving files to /usr and saw a
> reference to GoboLinux which puts all files pertaining to packages
> under /Programs
>
> I thought it was kinda cool that they took this route. I don't know how
> I would get used to it, if the de facto standard ever changed.
>
> When installing packages in FreeBSD everything goes under /usr and
> /usr/local/etc for configuration files and init scripts, so right on
> for Fedora!

Long night. I should note that I was speaking from experience when I
said that FreeBSD puts all package files under /usr and configuration
files under /usr/local/etc. Not that Fedora is putting the
configuration files under /usr/local/etc.

> Anyhow, the reason I am writing this is cause it made me think of Jason
> Hu since he is developing Swift Linux. Since I don't use Debian based
> distros, do they also follow the same convention and put everything
> under the /usr directory?

What made me think about Jason is that he is always discussing
different Linux distros. And the fact the GoboLinux puts all files
under /Programs makes it unique, like Jason.