> Maybe Sage is good for people who like Python.  Does it have better
> graphs?  It seems that Python is pretty good at graph drawing.

wxMaxima plots 2D and 3D images via gnuplot.  It allows rotation,
zooming, etc. by the user in realtime.  I haven't tried Sage for a few
years, but I can't imagine it would have this feature considering it's
browser based.

I would probably agree with you that Python users are better able to
appreciate Sage.  If I recall correctly, Sage built a Python interface
on top of the Maxima functions, since Maxima uses its own synax.
Though if you're looking for something to actually include in Python
scripts, Sympy is the way to go.

-Max