Looks like they don't provide support for free users.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401397&cv=804&title=Change%20or%20reset%20your%20AT#fbid=eZvBMub5DOE

As a Free AT&T Email user, if you are unable to remember the answers
to your security questions, are unable to validate the ZIP code we
have on file, and you do not have an alternate email address on file
to complete the temporary password process, there is no other way to
reset your email password. You will need to create a new email
address.

Best of luck,
Michael