On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:11 PM, paul g <pj.world at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I feel a bit 'bummed' out right now because I have been amped up on
> this LinuxMint kick for over a month now. I'll try n figure something
> out if I can. I had been considering Gentoo but then got overwhelmed
> but it still comes back to my mind. Thanks for your help with this
> situation. Happy Holidays to you as well.

Paul,

If you are enjoying Linux Mint, then there is no need to move onto
anything else. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using Linux Mint
if it is working for you. I used Mint for about 18 months back around
Linux Mint 13. It's a great distro!

I personally have jumped from a variety of distro's, mostly Fedora,
Ubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME, Mint, Antergos, and Arch. I have landed on Arch
and have stuck with it since February this year and don't have any
immediate plans to change my default. While I still enjoy spinning up a
new version of a distro in a VM, and sometimes on hardware, I don't
feel the need to do that except for exploration and education.

Don't feel that you need to try something different, or "more
challenging" like Gentoo/Slackware/Arch/etc unless your in it for the
self education. If what you have is working for you, then stick with it!