I find myself clueless about the state of hardware again.

It used to be that I recommended 3ware RAID controllers because:

1. they had good Linux drivers built into the kernel
2. they were reliable
3. they had a really good management tool suite under Linux

However, it looks like 3ware has abandoned the low-end RAID market and the
cheapest controller of theirs which I find on Newegg is ~$440. Gone are the
days of $120 2-port controllers for desktop use.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hardware RAID controller to mirror
drives for a desktop Linux box?

I really don't want to go back to the days of software RAID.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator