Since the next meeting is all about ZFS and I will be bringing my machine running FreeBSD and ZFS on root, and because of the release of
FreeBSD 10 (builds have started; I expect there will be an official announcement in the next day or two), I thought I'd give a short talk on
FreeBSD if there is some interest. Things I would cover:

- Philosophical differences between Linux and the BSDs (mostly design and technical aspects, but I will touch on licensing)
- Upgrades/updates to the base system vs. updates/upgrades to third-party software and package management (ports/pkgng) in FreeBSD
- Some cool new things in FreeBSD 10
- An overview of the other BSDs
- Any questions you may have

I'm open to suggestions as well, so let me know if you'd like me to go over anything else.