On Thu, 8 May 2014, Andrew S. Zbikowski wrote:

> Ext4 and Paragon Software's ExtFS for Mac OS might be your best bet.
>
> http://www.paragon-drivers.com/extfs-mac/
>
> I use Paragon's NTFS for Mac all the time and have never had a problem.

That is a tempting option.  It sounds like that software works very well
for ext2/3/4.

The easiest thing for me would be to just give him the NTFS volume and the
Paragon NTFS software ($20 for NTFS, but $40 for ext) and he should be
good to go.  That has the advantage that it also works with Windows,
making it easy for him to copy files from a computer in his workplace, if
that situation ever comes up.

Mike