On 2/3/2015 6:32 AM, paul g wrote:

> 1. subnet mask is that the same terminology/meaning as netmask?

Yes.  Also commonly referred to simply as Mask or  Subnet.

> 2. It looks like division or multiplication within the [subnet - protocol] or D portion of subnet mask begins to modify?
> Is there any way for me to think of the
> 255.255.255.255 as A. B. C. D. ? Instead of using the A. B. C. method which you explained? I am still not desiring to
> understand why some can take A. B. categories from others.

It's not multiplication or division.  Yaron's explanation was basic text
book material.  It doesn't get explained much easier than that.  You are
confusing 2 things here.  A mask of 255.255.255.255 usually refers to
itself.

> 3. What does the 'Gateway' addressing mean within the ip protocol scenario? <-- If of course you have time to explain.

It is your next hop.  It is where you send your traffic when your
computer/device doesn't know where/how to get to it's destination.

> I will re-read this again tomorrow after I rest for a bit. I am going to 'head out' to the garage and have a cigarette.
> This is amazing how much information you have given me this evening without picking on me. I am truly thankful.

Check this.  Dudes make roughly 2500.00 per dive & and averages 600K
annually.

https://www.yahoo.com/makers/it-workers-dumpster-diving-hobby-brings-2-500-a-110000053205.html

Stop monkeying around, and install Slackware.