On 09/03/2015 11:05 AM, rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com wrote:

>  *
>
>    free space 1 MB
>
>  *
>
>    /dev/sda1 ntfs 1073 MB
>
>  *
>
>    /dev/sda2 efi 104 MB
>
>  *
>
>    /dev/sda3 ntfs 134 MB
>
>  *
>
>    /dev/sda4 ntfs 489243 MB
>
>  *
>
>    /dev/sda5 ntfs 9550 MB
>
>  *
>
>    free space 0 MB
>

> I understand sda2 and assume sda4 is the main Windows partition. But what were sda3 and
> sda5?  Can I delete them?  Can I resize sda4 during my Linux installation?
>
> I've not booted to Windows since 2002 and probably still won't after this experiment.
> But I'd be interested in Linux users' input.

I think Windows makes a boot partition of its own these days - that is likely sda3 - I
wouldn't delete that.  Its tiny anyway.
sda5 is likely a restoration partition of sorts - many system builders include a partition
with a windows image on it, that can be used to rebuild windows from scratch if it goes
south.

Boot windows, and look in the partition manager it has - it will tell you what each of
them are.