(ASCEND) Static Route Bug?

Okay... hopefully my last question for a while.  :)

I'm running 5.0P11 on my Max 2000 (because I haven't quite got it hooked
up to the internet to download the upgrade).  I've found that after a
reboot, it doesn't load the static routes into the routing table, even if
the interface they use is up.  I have to go in and manually turn them off
and then on again to get them to work.

Is this fixed with a later version of the software?  Do I need to do an
NVRAM clear (bleah)?  Is this just the way things work?  Let me know,
thanks.  :)