Re: (ASCEND) Secure Access Firewall,

1) you can allow ranges, eg 1024-65535

2) by typing "netstat -an" from a dos prompt, you can see which ports are in
use or waiting for data whil quake is running. Actually the best way is to
start the windows syslog program and set the cracking prevention to verbose
log. it will log all trapped packets.

NB: remember to allow syslog packets if you are going to run the syslog
deamon. failure to do so will put your pipeline in an endless loop. ie it
will try to log each failed log attempt and eat the CPU.

3) if quake uses TCP ports you can solve all your problems by opening an
incoming TCP profile that allows ports 1024-65535. that will allow quake to
listen to incoming data.

Leon McCalla
Netrox Networking Services
leon@netrox.net