(ASCEND) Re: ascend-users-digest V96 #920

Kevin,

> I would suggest you investigate this further, as we have seen this also
> in Germany where the called-party disconnects, but the disconnect is NOT
> sent to the calling end for a few seconds. The MAX did not know the remote
> end had disconnected.
>
> >Is there any way to make the MAX accept a callback call although it is
> >still actively requesting the callback? - or is there a way to make the
> >MAX disconnect a callback request quicker?

Sure there is way but Ascend is not able to implement this feature
for 12 month now!

if the MAX dials out for a predetermined time (a.k.a. radius
Ascend-Callback-Duration or something like that), e.g. 3
seconds, that would be enough to signal the number on the d-channel.
It doesn't matter WHY there is no callback, only that ther IS NO
callback at all. Therefore the disconnect cause is NOT needed and
it's not necessary to wait for it before releasing the route which
causes the security error.

> I don't think it's the MAX "holding on" to the call - but the call disconnect
> message is being delayed on it's way to the MAX.

Exactly. As Ascend knows that, why is it so difficult to get the
above fix implemented ?

> I guess while we investigate this, you may want to do that. Unless the
> authenticate trick works....I'll check into it more here.

there is nothing to investigate further. The problem is clear,
e.g. German Telekom claims they stay with the standard for delaying
the disconnect cause. So the only way to get this problem fixed is
the above mentioned.

Come on, it's a few minutes work to implement the timeout value
for an outgoing call choosable by a parameter.

Regards, Torsten