(ASCEND) how to busy out channels

I recently had a modem card in one of my Max4000 units go
south (I'm running 5.0Ap36).  I run PRIs into this box
for mostly analog traffic.  Needless to say, it screwed
up my hunt group since there were only 40 modems available
but 48 lines going into the box.

Is there a way to put a channel 'out of service' or have
the MAX do something to indicate the remaining 8 lines
cannot be used and to continue hunting on the next set of
lines?

Thanks in advance.  If this isn't an option, can someone
tell me what techniques they use to maintain their hunt
group when a modem card fails.

Thanks in advance.