(ASCEND) RADACCT & Compression

Hi,

I was pointed to this by a customer. This customer has, according to
the RADIUS accounting I have for his profile, generated a traffic of
820 MB. My IP accounting as well as the customers own internal (i.e.
RADIUS independent) accounting have seen 1 GB of traffic. This is the
first situation where I see a major difference between my IP acct and
RADACCT so my question is: Are Acct-Input-Octets and Acct-Output-Octets
measured as I expect them (count of bytes of the IP packets starting
with the IP header) or in some other way (sans header, after compression
or whatever else) ? Or may I simply have a nonmarginal loss of data in
my RADIUS accounting (however, the customer has the same values on his
side) ?

TIA,
Andre.
--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |