Re: (ASCEND) disappearing modem cards

It doesn't have enough power to run the 56K modems, so they will keep
dying.  All you need to do is contact Ascend, and RMA it.  They have been
very good about getting the replacements back as far as I've seen.
To double check, look on the back, and see if it's pushing 1.6, or 2.5
AMPs.  It's listed right near the power cord.

Alex P