(ASCEND) Troughput results

Group,

I used the gzip utility from UNIX, compressing a file down to 465,668
bytes.
I logged into a MAX4004, then using eXceed ftp'd the file down to my PC
(NT 4.0 Workstation).

Here are the preliminary results of my tests:

Connect Speed		Effective troughput (kbytes/sec)

28,800				3.1
33.6				3.5 thru 3.7
46 (ZOOM)			4.8
50 (ZOOM)			5.0

I ran the same test with a flabby (non-compressed) text file, and got
the following :

Connect Speed		Effective troughput (kbytes/sec)

33.6				10.9
50 (ZOOM)			11.9

Can anyone bench mark their MAXes and share their findings with the
list.
Also, would anyone care to tell me what other tests I could run to
better gauge the MAX's/modem's
performance ?

TIA.

Sincerely,