Re: (ASCEND) Directed Broadcasts

there are things much worse than what you are talking about on the net.
there are programs that utilize the broadcast address spoofing your address
as the return address.

which is worse? having a machine flooded from your own LAN because someone
is pinging your broadcast address? Or being flooded by a hundred networks
that are supposedly returning a ping to thier broadcast networks from your
machine.

Leon