Re: (ASCEND) DownPreference and DownMetric

On Fri, Dec 12, 1997 at 11:38:04PM -0500, Leon McCalla wrote:
> An undocumented feature but it is the Metric and preference of the profile
> while the connection is down.

It is documented (to the degree we expect) in the 6.0b release notes.
Probably because it did not work correctly until 6.0. The options were
available in 5.0Ap, but all tests to get it operating failed for us.
We tried to use it for a dial-backup of a leased line (between exactly
two Maxes), but it did not failover. I've read somewhere that full
operativeness of these parameters is not to expect before 6.0.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |