Re: (ASCEND) number of active sessions by SNMP

On Mon, Dec 15, 1997 at 02:03:34PM -0000, Peter Galbavy wrote:
> I would like to do a very simplistic graph of the number of active sessions on a MAX or TNT using some basic SNMP package. Is their a variable in the Ascend MIB (that I have failed to locate) that keeps this running summary ?

My solution (sans community) for MRTG:

Target[dial-dd]: 1.3.6.1.4.1.529.10.5.0&1.3.6.1.4.1.529.10.6.0:secret@max.do.main.
Title[dial-dd]: Current active Calls and Sessions in Dresden
MaxBytes[dial-dd]: 33
PageTop[dial-dd]: <H1>Current active Calls and Sessions in Dresden</H1>
 The currently open calls and sessions on our central dialin NAS in
 Dresden. As this box also drives 3 leased lines, it will (hopefully)
 have at least three open sessions all the time. This NAS currently
 has one PRI, so 33 sessions are the maximum.
WithPeak[dial-dd]: dwmy
Options[dial-dd]: growright, gauge
YLegend[dial-dd]: Active Calls/Sessions
Legend1[dial-dd]: Active Calls
Legend2[dial-dd]: Active Sessions
Legend3[dial-dd]: Maximum 5 Minute Active Calls
Legend4[dial-dd]: Maximum 5 Minute Active Sessions
LegendI[dial-dd]: &nbsp;Calls:
LegendO[dial-dd]: &nbsp;Sessions:
ShortLegend[dial-dd]: active
Background[dial-dd]: #d0c0c0

I'm monitoring ascend.eventGroup.eventCurrentActiveCalls and
.eventCurrentActiveSessions which for some reason are almost always
identical (if not it's a good sign something is wrong, f.i. not
answering RADIUS servers etc.).

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |