(ASCEND) [Fwd: Dave Lowe]

    I've got a customer who simply cannot get connected to our Max sites.
Any suggestions ??  Anyone else seen problems with this type of modem ?
Here is the info my tech supp guy passed along:

for reference we use Max 4000,2,4 and several 4048's.
Most of which were dropped back down to 5.0Ap24 except
a 4048 running 6.0b1 which he had the same problem with.

-- BEGIN included message

<<< Message autoforwarded from TEC >>>

Tim,

Dave's using a Logicode 33H-P-CL internal modem (33.6).  We've tried
compression on, compression off, doublechecked all his settings,
dropped his max (DTE) speed, removed/added TCP/IP,
uninstalling/reinstalling DUN, ran thru Win95 setup off CD, tried
some generic INIT strings, tried an INIT string recommended by
Logicode, uninstalled/reinstalled modem (PnP); everything..  He can
connect to our analog sites (tested with Elkview), but not Gold (56K
or 33.6).  He hits "Connect" at the Connect To window; it immediately
spits that he's been disconnected from the computer he's attempting to
dial.  Problems started about the same time we dropped back from
5.0AP36 to 5.0AP24.

Thanks,

Jeff Bogumil
MountainNet, Inc.