(ASCEND) Re: overheating problems

>From: Jason Nealis <nealis@babylon.erols.com>
>
> Also to further expand on this a little, The TNT chassis has
>been redesigned to allow for less surface metal over the intake
>and outake fans, So the new TNT boxes have increased air flow
>through the box.
>
> Jason
>

>On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Jason Nealis wrote:
>
>>        The TNT's are a way better designed box for cooling then
>> the 4004's. I've also heard the rumors of TNT's bursting into
>> flames, (They are true) but it's because a large provider who
>> should remain nameless racked the TNT's in a fashion where
>> they were blowing outtake exhaust into intake and so forth
>> over many racks. They of course caused the last racked TNT's to
>> become extremely hot.
>>
>>       Ascend now equip's the TNT's with a Exhaust fan deflection
>> plate that should help.
>>
>> Jason Nealis
>> Erols Internet
>>

>> On Tue, 16 Dec 1997 saunders@mcgraw-hill.com wrote:
>>
>> >      I'm looking into a rumor about a possible overheating problem
>>with the
>> >      TNT RAS. Has anyone had any problems with a TNT overheating? What
>> >      happened? Did it catch fire, or just smolder some? What was the
>> >      damage, if any?
>> >
>> >      Steve Saunders
>> >      Executive Editor
>> >      Data Communications

Any idea at what serial number this change was made? Is it handled as an
RMA or when smoke drifts lazily from the rack?

Mine's far from loaded and I don't intend to feed oven output into it, but
I'm curious. I also have a chance to swap chassis if I want...

Peter Lalor
Infoasis
plalor@infoasis.com
http://www.infoasis.com/