(ASCEND) MAX modems AT command init string question

Steve Camas wrote:
]
]I have a customer who inists the following init string got rid of dropped
]connections for his X2:
]
]f1 &k0 &i0 s33=32 s15=128 s27=64 s32=34

Well, as long as we're throwing init strings around, here's a question
that maybe one of you can answer...

We are using a MAX4048 to provide dialin access to our university.  We
support k56 callers and ISDN callers.  If possible, we would like to
set up the Ascend modems so that they will *only* do k56...in other
words if someone calls in with a v.34 modem, we don't want them to
be able to connect.  We've been playing around with changing the init
strings on the MAX (via the diag command "mdbStr").  Anyone have
any suggestions?

(In case you're interested, we want to do this because we already
have a saturated 500+ line v.34 string, and we don't want the overflow
users to monopolize the MAX, and prevent access for k56 and ISDN
people)

Thanks for your time...