(ASCEND) Max throughput

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a known issue with this problem:

We have a remote POP using 2 Max 4048 units 5.0Ap36. They are supporting
k56flex. The incoming lines are T1 PRI's. ISDN is also used on these units.
Analog modems and ISDN are both using the same hunt group.

When a user connects to this POP one of several bad things (tm) happen:

1.  They can't authenticate and need to call back several times.
2.  All goes well until WWW service is initiated, then all TCP and UDP
protocol speeds slow to a crawl. I have been on this POP and been unable to
ping anything after using the Web.
3.  Nothing works after authentication.

All traffic is backhauled via T1 to our main POP. Here are benchmark test
resutls:

Benchmarks on page loading time. 12/21/97 - 11.30 am

			Ashtabula	Conneaut (main POP)

www.cnet.com		over 1 min.	21 sec.
www.usatoday.com	over 2 min.	30 sec.
www.ashtabula.net	over 2 min.	25 sec.
www.knownet.net	over 2 min.	15 sec.
www.msnbc.com		no go.		51 sec.

The Max shows  0 errors; 347 buffers; 1254688 bytes memory free
		one 64k connection (LDS2)
system uptime: up 7 days, 18 hours, 14 minutes, 14 seconds

So...any ideas? Needless to say, my customers are becoming increasingly
annoyed. We really try to have the best service available, but we are
starting to look like everybody else in our area. Not a good thing.

Thanks,

Tom Gwilt <tomgwilt@suite224.net>

Sincerely,

Tom <tomgwilt@suite224.net>