(ASCEND) ATM MTU 64 KB ?

Hi there,

I heared about Cray bus-based ATM OC3 boards that allow
ATM MTU's up to 64 KB...
now I would like to ask you:

Did you ever hear of plans, did you ever see a manual page
in NetStar/Ascend GigaRouter/GRF documentation which could be
interpreted in the direction of a non-standard big ATM MTU size
- say 64K Bytes - in order to make ATM-to-HIPPI transitions
in a Cray environment a happier affair?
(I know there is now a hint in the GRF manual saying only
ATM MTU's up to 9180 bytes are supported)

Thanks in advance and merry X-mas everyone

Tassilo Erlewein

--
Tassilo Erlewein
Computing Center University of Stuttgart

tel ++49 711 685 5871
fax ++49 711 678 7626
e-mail: erlewein@rus.uni-stuttgart.de