(ASCEND) data filter placement & performance?

We are using a Max4048 to support ISDN and K56Flex dialin users.  Nothing
fancy...just connecting remote users (using various modems and ISDN
terminal adapters - not pipelines) to an ethernet segment, via PPP.

We need to implement various data filters, to prevent various things such
as connections to the remote machines, initiated from the ethernet (this
is to prevent students from setting up pirate software servers and
such at their home, and making them available to the Internet...etc, etc)

For a number of reasons, I would like to set up these filters as part
of the user profiles in radius.  This would allow for somewhat
centralized administration, and a very easy way to allow for "special
filters" for "special users".  However, my concern is that the Max will
then need to simultaneously keep track of the filters for each user
that is dialed in, although they will be the same for every user.  Will this be
a performance issue?

I believe I could also implement the data filters on the Max at
	Ethernet -> Mod Config -> Ethernet options    or
	Ethernet -> Answer -> Session Options

No matter where I put the filters, they will be applied to every packet...
but it just seems to me that the 1st method requires the Max to keep
track of many filters (one for each connected user), whereas the other
two methods require only one filter.  But perhaps they would all end up
being implemented in exactly the same way, as far as performane goes?

I would *greatly* appreciate any advice/sugestions that anyone might be
able to provide.  Thanks in advance!!