Re: (ASCEND) Ringing Problem

MH> The Pipelines do "click" when "ringing" but I've never seen a
MH> modem fail due to that. Try resetting your modem to factory
MH> defaults or try a different modem.

I have a USR Courier v.everything External with the newest Flash ROM
from USR installed.  It is a very good modem I think.  I have reset
the modem to factory default (ATZ4 or ATZ or AT&F1) but it is not helping.
I still get the ARQ light on the USR flashing (which means data is being
resent) whenever the Pipeline 75 'clicks' on an incoming call.  This usually
forces the modem to drop connection because the modem is detecting too
much line noise...

Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this?  This is a $300 modem and I
really do not want to have to buy a new modem...

Bob