Re: (ASCEND) MRTG and max4000

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone allready configured mrtg to run with a max4000 ?
> If so, could you share the mrtg configuration file? No knowing snmp very
> well I admit having some difficulties in making that work!

Well it works, but don't expect to monitor everything.

You can monitor a PVC using Frame-Relay MIB.
But using the MIB-II, you can monitor everything (ethernet, and all the
virtual interfaces bound to WAN connections) BUT the Serial WAN interface:

interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.6 = "Serial WAN Slot 11 Port 1"
interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.6 = 0

(yes, I DO have traffic on the Serial WAN).

Don't ask why.
I asked EMEA support 2 months ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer.

Except that, It works fine.

--
David Ponzone / ISDnet / Network Operations Manager  - Email: david@isdnet.net
Work: +33 1 64 53 11 00