Re: (ASCEND) Feedback!

Actually, we have similar problems with Max 4000. Suddenly it lost the 2d
E1 and I was unable to revive it. Sometimes it can't find 12modems cards (2
or 3 of 5 installed).

But main problem is that under full load it just looses routing and users
can't work until Max reload.

Andrei.
------------
OK Jason, I guess I *might* feel a bit better now.

I think have seen this behavior recently.  We had a MAX with a long

uptime, and all of a sudden the second T1 (our was pri signaling) just

went south.  Rebooted and still no second T.  It looked like a carrier

problem, and since we could not get to the box physically to test swap

the two PRI's, we called Bell.  Bell stated that they saw a lot of

errors when the did non-intrusive, when the looped the Max CSU, the test

ran clean,  upon removal of the loop, back to errors (YEL, me thinks)

A few reboots didn't help.  Then, on-site, we move the 2nd T to the

third Net port, it came alive, moved it back to the second, and walla!

It came back.  A few reboots and we could not dup the problem.

This has now happened twice  (5.0ap6)  While the two may be unrelated,

it sure does seem suspiciously close, don't ya think?  We also have some

Maxen with uptimes for many months on 4.6i24, and even a older ISDN only

Max running 4.5something, so I don't think it's hardware related.  This

has me curious, so I'm off to logging into Way-Too-Many MAxen and double

checking  their status. (since snmp traps for yellow alarms don't seem

to work either!)

Best regards,

David Van Allen - You Tools Corporation / FASTNET(tm)

dave@fast.net (610) 289-1100  http://www.fast.net

FASTNET - PA/NJ/DE Internet Solutions

4004?