Re: (ASCEND) Hybrid Access? (fwd)

Once upon a time vhalkka@cc.helsinki.fi shaped the electrons to say...
>Is this hint documented someplace, we could add it to our 'own' version

I believe the RFC lists what can be sent in Auth-Request.

>of radius. I believe The License says we cannot use Livingston radius
>with other boxes. We have Ascend, Cisco, Livingston and Shiva boxes ;-)

No - you just have to be a Livingston owner.  If you own one Livingston
box you can use RADIUS 2.0 with anything you want.

>have you any idea when we could get a PM3 sw version that gives the
>caller id in the *authentication* packet. It comes only in the accounting

Um - it does.  Called-Station-Id and Calling-Station-Id are both in
the Auth-Request packet.  They have been since FCS.

As long as the telco is supplying CLID.  If it is in accounting, then
it is in auth.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588