Re: (ASCEND) throw momma from the train

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Robert Hof wrote:

> Question for you all:
>
> We're trying to write a program which will kick a particular user from any
> of multiple maxen. For those of you using portmasters, think something along
> the lines of pmmon.
>
> I'm thinking that the cludgiest method would be to write a dynamic expect
> script, but apart from that, maybe using SNMP?
>
> Ideas comments suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

There is a program included with Ascend's radiusd distribution called
cexample.  As you can tell by the name, it is only an example of programs
that you can write in C, but from what I hear it is a nice App in its own
right.  It takes a username and Max as arguments (some other possibilities
too) and kicks that user off.

You have to enable the Ascend RADIUS server on the Max.  I.e., the Max
acts as a special RADIUS server, and cexample is the client.  It sends a
terminate-request (something like that) to the Max.