Re: (ASCEND) Ascend QA gone downhill?

At 04:02 PM 6/4/97 -0700, Jon Rust wrote:
>For almost 2 years now, I've been recommending Ascend to everyone. However,
>the last few months have been a little troublesome:

We would certainly like to hear more, especially where we are not direct
suppliers (we get the data easier for direct sales).

>+ MAX 4004 fried a dm12 after s/w upgrade (BTW, took over a week to get a
>new one)

Weird, how did a software upgrade "fry" hardware ?

>+ P75 with DOA ethernet
>
>+ P130 w/DOA ethernet
>
>+ 2 P130's with bad flash (won't take any upgrade, stuck at 4.6c)

This is not the "fat" loads problem I assume ? Are these being upgraded
via tftp ?

>+ A P400 that reboots itself occassionaly; each time losing sync with the
>PRI until the line is physically removed and replaced. (this problem is
>actually older than a "few months.")
>
>Other admins seeing such problems, or do I just have the "midas touch?"

I'll pass on to the A department any comments we see.

Kevin