Re: (ASCEND) Serial #'s

At 12:58 PM 6/5/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Chris King sez:
>>
>> Including round trip times, I'm looking at 30 hours of driving... maybe
I'll
>> get some new CDs... :)   (come'on, supplier... FIND those serial numbers!!)
>> >
>> >Haha, Ya I know, Hmm. Maybe this can become a feature request kevin?

I asked about the possibility of retrieving the serial numbers
of modem cards via SNMP and was told that the MAX 40XX units do
not have the serial numbers embedded in their EPROM at all.
Thus, the data is not retrievable.

This is not the case with the MAX TNT units.  The modem cards do have
their serial numbers available and are retrievable via SNMP.

However, chassis serial numbers are available via telnet.  It appears
in the 00-100 Sys Option menu screen on the MAX 40XX units.  Not sure
where it is on the TNT since I don't have one (yet).