Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 25 ISDN 'Speach call'

On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> David Lesher wrote:
> >
> > Steve Camas sez:
> > > I now got my hands on a Pipeline 25 and need to do the same thing.
> > The
> > > problem is, I don't see a way to make the Pipeline make a digital
> > call
> > > announcing it as a 'speach' call... Maybe it can't.
> >
> > I've not seen a 25 in a long time but is there a Telco Options
> > field as in the 50 & 75?
>
> Yes.  In telco options select voice for the call type.  I have
> tested DOV using this into a PM3 with CT1 and it works great,
> albeit only a 56k connection.

OK - in my Pipeline 25, there's no option for 'call type'.  Is this
because I am running 4.6b or is it because the P25 simply doesn't have it?

On another note, this P25 was given to me by someone and they don't know
the PW.  I'm sorry for bringing up that which has been discussed a million
times (I pretty much ignored all the other emails about forgetting
passwords 'cos I didn't have that problem -- doh!).

In this case, I didn't forget the pw - I never had it. :-) Is there a
trick to get this thing back to factory defaults that does not include
soldering irons, blow torches, or big hammers?

Actually, IM(ns)HO, there should be a key sequence that can be used from
the console port on this puppy to do this.  I think it's always a safe bet
to allow someone at the console into a machine - no?

Thanks,

Steve