Re:(ASCEND)Re: P75 Pots Problem

>I read in your posting that maybe you changed the software on the P75?
>Was this when the problem started ?.

Actually not...the problem started arbitrarily and in an attempt to
fix, I reloaded several different software versions.  Each attempt
produced the same results. However, I was not doing a "nvram" after
the upgrades.

>I would *always* recommend doing an "nvram" on the box after the upgrade,
>and then re-load the configuration from flash/tftp ....

Agreed...however, the upgrade instructions I read seem to suggest that
the tftp process did this automatically. (which is how I loaded it)

>I'll check the upgrade instructions again, to see what might need
>revising,

Actually, the only tftp instructions I found were in the manual..
Maybe I misread, but I thought it checked the configuration upon
the first reset and reloaded it from flash "if necessary".(suggesting
a self-checking process of some sort.)

Since large code must be loaded via tftp, doing a nvram makes the box
unaccessible except through the serial port, doesn't it?  That sort of
nullifies  the benefits of tftp.  Obviously, you could restore the configs
via tftp before a nvram command, but afterwards?

>and
>also talk to TAC to see what their guidelines are.

Thanks,

JIM